sponser

Saturday 31 August 2013

Vijay Zol aims high after century on first-class debut


Scoring a century in your debut first-class innings could be the dream of any young player and Vijay Zol, who achieved the remarkable feat on Friday, wants to savour this knock for the rest of his life. Though he was a bit nervous before going in to bat, Zol knew what was required of him and went about his business accordingly. "Nerves were very much there. But I tried to keep my composure early on and the more time I spent in the middle, the more confident I became," Zol told Cricketnext after stroking 110 against a New Zealand A featuring Test bowlers Mark Gillespie and Doug Bracewell in Visakhapatnam. "The knock that I played today was very special to me and will always remain very close to my heart. Scoring a hundred on debut is a big thing and I am delighted that I was able to achieve such a feat." ALSO SEE Zol, Nayar tons round off draw Zol is just 18 but he has already seen the tough phase in life as Jalna, a small town in Maharashtra, doesn't have a cricket stadium and it took special efforts from him and his father, Hari, to get him the basic infrastructure so that he could pursue his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment